Even before the construction of the mighty monastery complex on the opposite bank of the river Nagold, from around 830 onwards, Benedictine monks were working in Hirsau. Aurelius Church – today the Catholic parish church – is the oldest building of the Hirsau Monastery Complex and goes back to 1070. It was renovated with great care and decorated with artistic sensitivity by the renowned sculptor Otto Herbert Hajek.
Religious service: Sundays at 11:00 a.m., Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. (Catholic parish church).
The church is located in the centre of Hirsau on the left-hand side of the Hirsau through road!
Hirsau, tel.: +49 7052 2610
(Catholic church community)
Opening hours: Mon. – Sun. 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Guided tours: Advance booking required. Please contact the Calw Tourist Office at
+49 7051 167-399, fax: +49 7051 167-398